Elevate 2022: UNITY
Elevate is AIGA Colorado’s biennial teach + learn community connection event that’s been creating fun + funds for nearly a decade.
Elevate 2022: UNITY, A Poster Mentorship Program, will unite AIGA members of all career levels, interns, students and artists from Access Gallery’s Giving Voice program for teens with disabilities. There is no charge for any participant and proceeds from the display and sale of posters benefit a non-profit chosen by AIGA Colorado, Access Gallery.
Here’s how this year’s program works:
- Register by completing the Google form for your level (pro or rising designer).
- Each creative team will include two design pros (one seasoned and one young professional), one talented youth or college student, and one or two Giving Voice artists.
- The pros will create a poster that enables a Giving Voice artist to express thoughts or feelings. (Creating an individual poster is also an option.)
- Pros will also serve as mentors to the rising designers as they design their own “voice” posters—a chance for each to learn from the other.
- Each team is expected to connect weekly by email, phone or in person.
- Posters should be 18”x 24”; digital or screen print formats
- Three copies of each poster are requested; one is required for display.
- Deadline to apply: June 1st
- Kick-off @ Access Gallery: June 10th, 6 pm
- Three Meetings @ Access Gallery: June 15, June 29 & July 13, 12-1pm
- Poster Party: August 10, 6 pm
- The Giving Voice Exhibition: September 2022
Wed, Jun 1, 2022 - Thu, Sep 15, 2022