The AIGA National Fellow award program is a means of recognizing seasoned designers who have made a significant contribution to raising the standards of excellence in practice and conduct within their local or regional design community as well as in their local AIGA chapter. The areas of education, writing, leadership and reputation as well as the practice of design are given equal consideration in measuring significant contribution.
The following Fellows have been recognized in recent years:
- 2004: Robert W. Taylor, Robert W. Taylor Design
- 2007: Connie Asher, Asher Studio and Robert Morehouse, Vermilion, Inc.
- 2011: Marian Halliday, Sprint Denver and Fred Murrell, Rocky Mountain College of Art & Design
- 2013: Deborah Williams, OMGWhiz! and John Kjos, Community College of Denver
- 2015: Ellen Bruss, EBD and Michael Signorella, Studio Signorella