AIGA Colorado Robert Taylor Scholarship
Total Scholarship offered: $1,500 for 1st Place + $500 for 2nd Place
Application Fee: $10
Application Deadline: Monday, April 18th, 2022
2022 Application Call open on Monday, February 14, 2022
College students from around Colorado can submit their entries to be selected for the interview process as the AIGA Colorado Board searches for the 2022 Robert Taylor Scholarship recipient.
In 2008, the AIGA Colorado Scholarship was created to help young designers who are enrolled in an accredited college design program. Today, AIGA Colorado offers one $1500 and one $500 scholarship to student designers that demonstrate leadership within the design community, as well as outstanding work in the field of design.
In 2010, AIGA renamed the scholarship in honor of the late Robert Taylor. His designs, leadership and commitment to the design community fueled inspiration and advanced design in Denver. Mr. Taylor was an AIGA Colorado Fellow Award Recipient, served on the Board of Directors for AIGA and ADCD, and served on the Advisory Board for AIGA Colorado.
Our past winners include: Kalene Thompson (2009), Mia Huang (2010), Stephanie Gibson (2011), Samantha Kogle (2012), Gustavo Esquinca (2013) Shruthi Manjula Balakrishna (2014), Seth Haller (2015), Olivia Orr (2016), Lauren Hostetler (2017), Maddi Waneka (2018/19) and Jordan Fuqua (2021). These young designers have all demonstrated their innovation, creativity, passion, and leadership in design as a practice.
- You must be an AIGA student member in your second year in a two or four-year design program. If you are not a design major, you may still apply if at least 12 credit hours of graphic design courses have been completed.
- AIGA board members are not eligible to apply.
- The winners of the scholarship should demonstrate leadership within the design community, in and outside of school, as well as outstanding work in the field of design.
- Complete Application Form & Essay Questions
- Essay Question #1: After you graduate, what will you do to further your involvement in the design community?
- Essay Question #2: What piece of advice would you give to an aspiring designer to help them be successful?
- Portfolio Submission & Questions
- Your Portfolio should be a PDF Presentation Document that includes 3 design projects. A thorough submission should include a cover slide, a summary of each design problem, process work, and the final projects. Include mockups where applicable.
- Please use the following naming convention: LastName_FirstName_AIGACO_RTS2022_Portfolio.pdf
- Portfolio Question #1: If you had to choose a strength that your designs reflect, what would it be?
- Portfolio Question #2: Which project from your portfolio are you most proud of?
- Submit Current Transcripts
- Please use the following naming convention: LastName_FirstName_AIGACO_RTS2022_Transcripts.pdf
- Submit Payment
For other inquiries regarding the Robert Taylor AIGA CO Scholarship, please contact AIGA Colorado’s Education Tower Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No longer a Student?
Learn about the AIGA CO Robert Taylor Professional Grant.